Ok! I know, I haven't blogged for two months. Quick explanation: My kids have been really sick. There has maybe been 4 days in the last 7 weeks where one of them was not crazy sick. Strep, RSV in the hospital, coughs, colds, flu, viruses, and ear infections, all came our way.
Enough about that though. We seem to be doing better the last few days. I don't have pictures to post, because my husband has to fix my computer. My kids sure are getting big though. Brenan is rolling and pushing himself up into crawling position. He started clapping a couple days ago, and he is starting to find his voice.
Jackson is so much easier to get a long with when he is well. He is such a smart boy, and is so tender. He tells me that he loves me and my favorite, he says that he wants to cuddle. We get really close, giggle, and he holds me really tight. I love it. He is almost pottie trained, but I still lack the will power to transfer to underwear. I know that most people say that kids progress faster if you just take the plunge, but I have lacked that power. SOON! Jackson moved into a big boy bed this past month, and we took away his binki. The binki reprocussions weren't that bad, but him sleeping in a twin bed was. Last night he slept all of the way through the night for the first time in 7 weeks.
My life has been hectic I must admit. I had some family and friends who rescued me when Brenan had RSV and was in the hospital for a night. I am grateful and am ready to not be needy any more. Nate gave me a membership to 24 hour fitness. I love staying in shape, but most importantly, he recognized my need for a break from the kids. I got in on a deal where childcare is free for 2 hours a day. I can go workout, shower, and get ready all by myself. I've only been a few times, but I've really enjoyed it. The childcare is great; clean, fully staffed, and Jackson is liking it after he cries for 5 minutes. I only end up leaving them there for about an hour and a half, and I am right there if I am needed, so its ok right?... Anyway I am liking it.
Nate is still trying to pin down what he wants to do in life. ER, OBGYN, ORTHPAEDICS... This week it is ER. I am grateful for that, but in the end, I really just want him to be passionate and happy about his work. He is excelling in everything of course, and he is enjoying his opportunity to experience different types of medicine. He is now the primary pianist, when he is there on sundays... I am just happy to have him a part of my life. He is a wonderful, understanding husband. I am just so glad I found him.
4 comments:
I'm glad your boys are doing better, and don't feel bad about leaving them to work out. You will be a better mommy if you keep yourself healthy and sane!
I'm so sorry your boys have been sick! I swear sometimes it all seems to happen at once. And when you have two sometimes they like to pass things back and forth :P. I'm glad things are getting better now. And yeah for the gym membership! I never use mine because it doesn't include daycare, and I don't want to pay for it every time I go. So I'm so glad you have that! I did that a little in Cedar City and I loved it :). I think it's good for the kids too. Miss you guys!!!
I'm sorry to hear that your boys have been sick! Having sick kids is worse than anything else. I hope that you all get feeling better and things return to normal soon.
Glad your boys are feeling better! It was good to see you guys at play group - I think it's been a week or two. Your kids just keep getting bigger and doing more things. So fun to see that happen.
Yea for potty training!!
Double Yea for a gym membership with child care. It's great for kids to have a chance to get to know others can take care of them too - especially when you're not far away.
Glad to hear Nate is making progress.
So good to read the post - keep 'em coming.:}
Post a Comment