Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Lake Powell - July 3 & 4th


Yes, we did go to Lake Powell at 38 weeks pregnant. This was the only ride I was allowed. Riding the water weenie with Jackson at 5 miles per hour was exhilarating. I kept cool in the 74 degree water and talked with family under the canopy. Surprisingly, the trip went flawless and I was comfortable.

Riley, riding the rear, brought his fiance, Amber, second in line, to Lake Powell. He didn't waste any time after his mission finding the right one, but neither did Nate with finding me. Short dating patterns must run in the family, since Rick, Nate's dad only knew Kaye 10 days prior to proposing.

Nate's only week off from school after taking the boards was this week. He really wanted a vacation. I am so glad that we decided to go, and that we didn't have a baby before we did.

As seen here, Nate is having a wonderful time showing off slalom skiing. He is really good at it and any water sport. Jackson loved watching him.


The drive to the next portion of our vacation was tiring. It was hot, and Jackson was feeling it even during his nap.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry I didn't call you back - I have been out of town and then sick. I can't wait to see pics of this new baby!

Kristen said...

Look at how cute you are in that swimming suit! I love that last pic of Jackson. So cute and funny :D. I'm glad you guys got a vacation in before the baby came. Now you have to post more cute pics of Brenan! Love you guys!

Tansy said...

Only you could look that good in a bathing suit almost ready to pop :)

The Yoder's Five said...

Hi Rachel!
I found your blog from Dan and Brooke's. I can't believe you're about to have another baby--you look amazing!

We still just have our Madelyn. She is 3 1/2 and is quite a handful...

We are in Albuquerque, NM right now while Mark is going to PA school. He'll be done next April and we hope to end up back in southern Utah.

Come check out our blog if you get the chance!

http://theyodersthree.blogspot.com